Friday, April 24, 2015

final thoughts

Dear class, It has been a true pleasure and an honor for me to teach you about methods of analysis of religion this semester.There were some extraordinary young people in my three classes and our class discussions were priceless!

If you can take some time, would you please consider posting your thoughts about what you learned from the four films and the class discussions?

What new perspectives did you get on religion? Your own faith? or your own skepticism?

What might you do differently in the future regarding your own faith (be it religious or secular) or people of other religions?

Thank you!

Joseph Holbrook

5 comments:

  1. I loved this class, you were a great professor and were clearly passionate about the material. The films throughout the course were great, but as we discussed in class, more female lead role films would be nice. I also would have liked more feedback on essays aside from errors reported from turnitin. Have a great summer professor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, you were a great student. And yes about the essays, although i doubt that it could realistically happen until I am hired as a full time instructor and can reduce my class load from 6 or 7 per semester to 4. Its a nice thought though! Have a great summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professor, I really enjoyed your class. I feel like this class helped me to become a less ethnocentric person and a bit more unselfish. I consider these to be two things that characterize me (unfortunately) but with time and courses like these, I know I will be able to overcome this and many other negative aspects of my life. Regarding the movies, I really liked most of them, some of them impacted me a lot while some of them were a little older and a bit hard to follow through. Overall, I would definitely take this class again, and I appreciate all the things you taught us in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you professor for all the new things I learned such as all aspects to all religions, and not only the religious aspect but also a lot of life values, how life can be hard and we all go though hard times and have to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this class, and you are a great professor indeed. You taught us in a way which made this subject interesting. All the movies were good, but Malcolm X was my favorite one. I would also like to say that you were very helpful throughout the semester. I had a great time in your class. Take care, professor.

    ReplyDelete